Adventure-Based Wilderness Therapy for New Mexico Young Adults
Trails Momentum Adventure Based Wilderness Therapy provides young adults from New Mexico with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Adventure-based wilderness therapy for young adults from New Mexico allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Momentum is not located in New Mexico, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing New Mexico young adults from their usual surroundings, adventure based therapy allows for New Mexico young adults to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many adventure-based wilderness therapy programs for young adults from New Mexico offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports adventure-based wilderness therapy as a great alternative to basic residential treatment.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy programming has given many New Mexico families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Momentum offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Young adults from New Mexico struggling with behavioral and emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, technology addiction and general failure to launch tendencies. Find growth and the therapeutic help they need at Trails Momentum.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Without goals
– Lack educational foundation
– Failing to launch
– Poor family relationships
– Low motivation
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Lack accountability
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Social media addicted
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Low self confidence
– Poor self esteem
– Fear of failure
– Technology addicted
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy for young adults from New Mexico
Adventure therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling young adults and their families. Many young adults who have little experience with the outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Momentum, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your young adult’s life during their time at Trails Momentum can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your child creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling young adults who attend Trails Momentum wilderness therapy have come out of the process with lifelong friends.
During their stay at Trails Momentum, New Mexico young adults work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your young adult from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a young adult’s emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your child’s peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your young adult from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Momentum is not located in New Mexico, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral development.
Wilderness Therapy is Effective: This study conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library, offers insight into the overall effects of wilderness therapy programs like Trails Momentum. In this study, adolescent participants in wilderness therapy programs experienced significant reductions in troubled behavior during treatment and maintained improved behavior for a year after treatment. Participants in the study, more specifically, demonstrated improvements in anxiety, depression, substance abuse and dependency. They also improved in school significantly.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a collaborative encyclopedia that contains a wealth of information about mental health issues, among millions of other topics. Wikipedia contains an in depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. It also discusses what happens after a teen attends wilderness therapy, including the transition process back home or to another therapeutic program.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps New Mexico Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From New Mexico
Trails Momentum helps New Mexico families from cities and towns like Lamy Los Ranchos de Albuquerque Santa Fe Sandia Park Cedar Crest Tijeras North Valley Bosque Farms Mesilla Park Edgewood
- New Year’s Mental Health Resolutions for 2022Traditionally the start of the new year is a time for adjustments and goal setting. We reflect on what we didn’t like about the previous year and optimistically make plans for bettering ourselves for the next. This time is ideal for incorporating these new year’s resolutions into one’s personal life.... Read more »
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy program for middle school students... Read more »
- Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails CarolinaAs the seasons turn, so do our adventure programming opportunities in Western North Carolina. The cool weather creeping in allows for ideal climbing conditions and Trails’ students will be headed out for rock climbing. Climbing provides an engaging opportunity for our students to work on their confidence, communication, and cooperation. How... Read more »
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesAdolescence can be a challenging time for both parents and the teens themselves. As a family, you are transitioning from being involved in every aspect of your child’s life to experiencing your teen pulling away as they yearn for autonomy. This is a natural part of childhood development as teens... Read more »
- The Harmful Effects of Social Media on Teen GirlsFor many years, teenagers relatively followed the same path when it came to socializing. Football games and after-school dances were a time for adolescents to get together and build new friendships outside a restricted schedule. The weekends were filled with days on the beach and hanging out at the local... Read more »
- Is Your Teen Bullying? Five Ways to Address Bullying in TeensIf you have ever experienced bullying, you know that it is not something you’d want others to go through. Bullying is any unwanted aggressive behavior towards another person. Bullies typically seek to harm or intimidate others, which can include making threats, spreading rumors, physically or verbally attacking someone, and excluding... Read more »
- Social Isolation in Teens: The Damaging Effects of Being Left OutTeens are social creatures. Just pay attention next time you’re out with your daughter and her friends. If one of them has to go to the bathroom, they will likely all accompany her. Peer relationships are a vital part of your child’s development. So, if your son or daughter is... Read more »