Adventure Therapy for Louisiana Young Adults
Trails Momentum is a leading adventure therapy program for Louisiana young adults working through emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Momentum helps young adults address and deal with problems such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, failure to launch, technology addiction and poor emotional regulation.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy helps Louisiana young adults work through discovering their inner empowerment by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing environment that aids the process of gaining the tools necessary to launch to independence.
This removal from everyday life distractions and stressors allows young adults to become focused on becoming their best selves by gaining the confidence and skills necessary to work through past struggles and gain independence.
Although Trails Momentum wilderness therapy is not located in Louisiana, the program is designed for young adults across the country. Sending your young adult out of Louisiana to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your young adult’s healing process. By physically removing your young adult from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your young adult’s struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Momentum provides Louisiana young adults and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
Trails Momentum is a sister program to Trails Carolina, a wilderness therapy program which helps teens ages 10-17. If you’re interested in their programming, please call 800-975-7303.
Life Changing Adventure Therapy for Louisiana young adults at Trails Momentum
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy offers top notch therapeutic programming for Louisiana young adults struggling with emotional and behavioral issues like substance experimentation, academic underachievement, and technology addiction. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Louisiana, Trails Momentum provides young adults with the transitional skills they will need to become productive, successful individuals after they leave Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum encourages young adults to evaluate and reflect on past decisions and actions. By providing a safe, nurturing environment for Louisiana young adults to work with expert therapists on developing coping tools designed to work through their struggles, Trails Momentum has helped hundreds of young adults lead successful, happy lives long after they attend the program.
During adventure-based therapy, young adults learn how to work well with their peers and develop a sense of accountability and respect for those around them. These skills allow for an effective transition after a Louisiana young adult leaves wilderness therapy. Wilderness therapy, such as the program offered at Trails Momentum, can completely change your young adult’s view of the world. Through a combination of family therapy, individual therapy, experiential therapy, and group therapy, Trails Momentum offers a top notch wilderness therapy program that can help your young adult find success.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Poor family relationships
– Poor self esteem
– Technology addicted
– Lack educational foundation
– Failing to launch
– Without goals
– Lack accountability
– Social media addicted
– Low self confidence
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Fear of failure
– Low motivation
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a collaborative encyclopedia that contains a wealth of information about mental health issues, among millions of other topics. Wikipedia contains an in depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. It also discusses what happens after a teen attends wilderness therapy, including the transition process back home or to another therapeutic program.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)- NAMI provides a variety of resources for individuals who want to learn more about mental health struggles, who suffer from mental health issues themselves, or who have a loved one struggling with a mental health issue. NAMI has a wide array of articles that provide helpful information for people interested in learning more about mental health issues. They also have localized websites in order to help individuals learn more about local mental health resources.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Louisiana
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Louisiana Families From
Some examples of cities from Louisiana which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: New Orleans Baton Rouge Shreveport Lafayette Lake Charles Bossier Kenner
- Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails CarolinaAs the seasons turn, so do our adventure programming opportunities in Western North Carolina. The cool weather creeping in allows for ideal climbing conditions and Trails’ students will be headed out for rock climbing. Climbing provides an engaging opportunity for our students to work on their confidence, communication, and cooperation. How... Read more »
- Social Isolation in Teens: The Damaging Effects of Being Left OutTeens are social creatures. Just pay attention next time you’re out with your daughter and her friends. If one of them has to go to the bathroom, they will likely all accompany her. Peer relationships are a vital part of your child’s development. So, if your son or daughter is... Read more »
- Depression And Anxiety Are More Common Than You ThinkAnxiety disorders are the most common mental illnesses in the U.S. It is common for someone who suffers from an anxiety disorder to also suffer from depression and vice versa. The number of children and adolescents that struggle with anxiety and/or depression has increased over time. According to a report from... Read more »
- Is Your Teen Bullying? Five Ways to Address Bullying in TeensIf you have ever experienced bullying, you know that it is not something you’d want others to go through. Bullying is any unwanted aggressive behavior towards another person. Bullies typically seek to harm or intimidate others, which can include making threats, spreading rumors, physically or verbally attacking someone, and excluding... Read more »
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy program for middle school students... Read more »
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesAdolescence can be a challenging time for both parents and the teens themselves. As a family, you are transitioning from being involved in every aspect of your child’s life to experiencing your teen pulling away as they yearn for autonomy. This is a natural part of childhood development as teens... Read more »
- The Harmful Effects of Social Media on Teen GirlsFor many years, teenagers relatively followed the same path when it came to socializing. Football games and after-school dances were a time for adolescents to get together and build new friendships outside a restricted schedule. The weekends were filled with days on the beach and hanging out at the local... Read more »