Kansas Adventure Therapy for young adults
Trails Momentum, one of the nation’s leading adventure therapy programs for young adults from Kansas. Momentum provides comprehensive therapeutic services to young adults from Kansas dealing with emotional and behavioral issues. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Momentum provides an array of opportunities to young adults with the therapeutic and personal tools they need to cope with their challenges in order to find success after transitioning out of therapeutic programs.
In order to provide young adults and their families with a transformative healing experience, wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Kansas combine various therapeutic techniques such as adventure therapy, experiential therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy.
Although not located in Kansas, Trails Momentum wilderness offers admission to young adults across the country. Adventure therapy works by removing a teen from the hecticness of everyday life. By adding some physical distance between your child and the environment that may be influencing their behaviors in Kansas, your child will be able to focus on changing their behaviors and noticing how their behaviors affect others.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy is becoming one of the most widely utilized forms of treatment and is supported by a large number of expert psychologists. Trails Momentum is among the top programs in the country because of their innovative therapeutic techniques and quality of care.
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy for young adults from Kansas
Adventure therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling young adults and their families. Many young adults who have little experience with the outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Momentum, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your young adult’s life during their time at Trails Momentum can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your child creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling young adults who attend Trails Momentum wilderness therapy have come out of the process with lifelong friends.
During their stay at Trails Momentum, Kansas young adults work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your young adult from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a young adult’s emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your child’s peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your young adult from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Momentum is not located in Kansas, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral development.
American Psychological Association (APA): The APA are leaders in the representation of psychology within the scientific field. They publish a wide array of resources revolving around many aspects of psychology. They aim to promote research and awareness of mental health and all areas of psychology. Their website has information on mental health ranging from depression to decreasing stress at school.
MentalHealth.gov- MentalHealth.gov is the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s webpage discussing a variety of mental health diagnoses that many Americans work through on a daily basis. It includes a database of information in which individuals can search for local mental health resources.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Lack educational foundation
– Low motivation
– Social media addicted
– Fear of failure
– Poor self esteem
– Lack accountability
– Poor family relationships
– Without goals
– Technology addicted
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Failing to launch
– Low self confidence
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Kansas
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Kansas Families From
Some examples of cities from Kansas which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Wichita Overland Park Kansas City Olathe Topeka Lawrence Shawnee Manhattan Lenexa
- Exercise and Mental HealthNot every person can tolerate modern psychotropic medications intended to treat many of these psychological conditions. At least 20% of people cannot tolerate medications for allergies or other reasons. Because of that, finding alternative solutions that can be adjusted to personal treatment plans is important. Exercise has many health benefits... Read more »
- Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails CarolinaAs the seasons turn, so do our adventure programming opportunities in Western North Carolina. The cool weather creeping in allows for ideal climbing conditions and Trails’ students will be headed out for rock climbing. Climbing provides an engaging opportunity for our students to work on their confidence, communication, and cooperation. How... Read more »
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesAdolescence can be a challenging time for both parents and the teens themselves. As a family, you are transitioning from being involved in every aspect of your child’s life to experiencing your teen pulling away as they yearn for autonomy. This is a natural part of childhood development as teens... Read more »
- Social Isolation in Teens: The Damaging Effects of Being Left OutTeens are social creatures. Just pay attention next time you’re out with your daughter and her friends. If one of them has to go to the bathroom, they will likely all accompany her. Peer relationships are a vital part of your child’s development. So, if your son or daughter is... Read more »
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy program for middle school students... Read more »
- Depression And Anxiety Are More Common Than You ThinkAnxiety disorders are the most common mental illnesses in the U.S. It is common for someone who suffers from an anxiety disorder to also suffer from depression and vice versa. The number of children and adolescents that struggle with anxiety and/or depression has increased over time. According to a report from... Read more »
- The Harmful Effects of Social Media on Teen GirlsFor many years, teenagers relatively followed the same path when it came to socializing. Football games and after-school dances were a time for adolescents to get together and build new friendships outside a restricted schedule. The weekends were filled with days on the beach and hanging out at the local... Read more »