Trails Momentum adventure therapy helps young adults from Arizona heal
When young adults from Arizona first come to Trails Momentum, they may initially be adverse to the idea. Some level of apprehension is completely normal for young adults in need of therapeutic help. Trails Momentum combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling young adults from Arizona the best care possible. Trails Momentum offers the highest level of therapeutic care for Arizona young adults and their families.
At Trails Momentum adventure therapy, young adults are placed in an environment where they are able to interact with their peers and mentors creating a strong, emotionally safe community. Within this community, given distance from the various ways young adults escape from the world around them (i.e. social media, video games, and television), young adults are able to focus on creating new coping skills and becoming more self aware.
Trails Momentum offers a unique approach to adventure-based wilderness therapy with the following:
- Family-focused therapy: At Trails Momentum, families from Arizona and all over the U.S. are provided a life-altering experience. The unparalleled attention paid to reconnecting families with their young adults is a truly special aspect of Trails Momentum wilderness therapy.
- Transitional skills: After young adults leave Trails Momentum, they can transition back home to Arizona smoothly because of the useful life skills learned during their time at Momentum.
- Educational programming: Trails Momentum recognizes that for many young adults, educational milestones and goals are intertwined with one’s identity, self-esteem and ability to transition into adult independence. For that very reason, Trails Momentum and its team of highly experienced educators have deliberately designed educational programming to meet the needs of its students.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Poor self esteem
– Low motivation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Fear of failure
– Without goals
– Poor family relationships
– Lack accountability
– Social media addicted
– Lack educational foundation
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Failing to launch
– Low self confidence
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Technology addicted
Adventure Therapy for Arizona Young Adults
Trails Momentum is a leading adventure therapy program for Arizona young adults working through emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Momentum helps young adults address and deal with problems such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, failure to launch, technology addiction and poor emotional regulation.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy helps Arizona young adults work through discovering their inner empowerment by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing environment that aids the process of gaining the tools necessary to launch to independence.
This removal from everyday life distractions and stressors allows young adults to become focused on becoming their best selves by gaining the confidence and skills necessary to work through past struggles and gain independence.
Although Trails Momentum wilderness therapy is not located in Arizona, the program is designed for young adults across the country. Sending your young adult out of Arizona to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your young adult’s healing process. By physically removing your young adult from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your young adult’s struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Momentum provides Arizona young adults and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
Trails Momentum is a sister program to Trails Carolina, a wilderness therapy program which helps teens ages 10-17. If you’re interested in their programming, please call 800-975-7303.
For more information about how Trails Momentum wilderness therapy can help your child from Arizona, please call (877) 296-8711 today!
Psychology Today- Psychology Today has articles created for the purpose of informing and educating people affected by mental health issues, including parents of struggling young adults. Their articles are written by leading psychologists and experts in the mental health field seeking to educate the public on current mental health topics.
Your Little Professor: Your Little Professor provides a variety of information for parents seeking help for their troubled child. It also contains information about treatment options for struggling young adults, including detailed information about wilderness therapy. Although the site is mainly focused on helping parents of children on the autism spectrum, Your Little Professor has a bit of information for parents of young adults struggling with other emotional and behavioral issues such as substance use and depression.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Arizona
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Arizona Families From
Some examples of cities from Arizona which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Phoenix Tucson Mesa Chandler Gilbert Glendale Scottsdale Tempe Peoria Surprise Yuma Avondale Goodyear Flagstaff Buckeye town Lake Havasu Casa Grande
- Exercise and Mental HealthNot every person can tolerate modern psychotropic medications intended to treat many of these psychological conditions. At least 20% of people cannot tolerate medications for allergies or other reasons. Because of that, finding alternative solutions that can be adjusted to personal treatment plans is important. Exercise has many health benefits... Read more »
- Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails CarolinaAs the seasons turn, so do our adventure programming opportunities in Western North Carolina. The cool weather creeping in allows for ideal climbing conditions and Trails’ students will be headed out for rock climbing. Climbing provides an engaging opportunity for our students to work on their confidence, communication, and cooperation. How... Read more »
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy program for middle school students... Read more »
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesAdolescence can be a challenging time for both parents and the teens themselves. As a family, you are transitioning from being involved in every aspect of your child’s life to experiencing your teen pulling away as they yearn for autonomy. This is a natural part of childhood development as teens... Read more »
- The Harmful Effects of Social Media on Teen GirlsFor many years, teenagers relatively followed the same path when it came to socializing. Football games and after-school dances were a time for adolescents to get together and build new friendships outside a restricted schedule. The weekends were filled with days on the beach and hanging out at the local... Read more »
- New Year’s Mental Health Resolutions for 2022Traditionally the start of the new year is a time for adjustments and goal setting. We reflect on what we didn’t like about the previous year and optimistically make plans for bettering ourselves for the next. This time is ideal for incorporating these new year’s resolutions into one’s personal life.... Read more »
- Is Your Teen Bullying? Five Ways to Address Bullying in TeensIf you have ever experienced bullying, you know that it is not something you’d want others to go through. Bullying is any unwanted aggressive behavior towards another person. Bullies typically seek to harm or intimidate others, which can include making threats, spreading rumors, physically or verbally attacking someone, and excluding... Read more »